Sunday, May 10, 2009

Arcade Machine Project Info

I decided a few months ago to build an arcade machine for my home. After months of research and design I finalized my construction plans and began ordering the parts. I decided to document my plans and steps in this blog to show others what it entails and what to expect if you decide to take on this project.

Project: Build an arcade machine
Personal Requirements: 4-Players and must be able to play all the classics
Reason for project: Do you really need a reason to build an arcade machine?!?! I used to play in an arcade when i was real young and always had fond memories of games like Gauntlet, Pacman, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, etc and the more I thought of this project and the possibilities I realized I had to do it.

I actually started planning this project in January 2009 after coming across an article about M.A.M.E (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) and thinking to myself that it would be cool to build a replica machine. After looking on Google to see if anybody else had the same idea I found hundreds of pages and forums devoted to this project.

On this blog I will walk through all the steps I took and show pictures in various stages. This project is being written retro-actively as I am actually already to the construction stage.

0 Comments: