Sunday, May 10, 2009

Arcade Cabinet Design: Part 1




















I went through several different cabinet designs but ultimately decided to go with a more functional, less authentic design. Most upright cabinets have the monitor build into the cabinet and stand roughly 6-8 feet. Because of the monitor I chose (Widescreen 30" HD LCD TV) I originally played with a way to have the monitor build into the cabinet but decided that mounting the TV to the wall and and having the cabinet portable would be awesome. Doing this allows me to leave it against the wall under the TV so it looks like it should but also lets me take the cabinet into my living room and connect it to my 50" TV.

There are other reasons I went with this design and when I get into the parts and construction articles everything will hopefully become much clearer.

0 Comments: